Like most girls, I've always loved Valentine's Day. The chocolate, pops of pink & red, roses, and cheesy Hallmark cards make me all kinds of happy. Ever since becoming a mother, I enjoy holidays even more and Valentine's Day is no exception. Any excuse to bake cookies, buy unnecessary amounts of candy, and waste money at Dollar Tree on polka dot paper straws & heart-shaped sunglasses...you can count Bear and me in.
Several weeks ago, I got the chance to meet up with two of my favorite local bloggers and have a fun Valentine's photo shoot! My dear friend Aimey of Diamond Oak Photography did such a fantastic job and was patient with us, as always. Dede blogs at Dress Up Buttercup and is pretty much the sweetest person on the planet. Her style is so fun and I adore keeping up with her travel adventures; she's always on the go! Elly is stunning and has one smart head on those pretty shoulders. She blogs at Uptown with Elly Brown & is momma to two precious little boys, who happened to be behind the scenes during this shoot. :)
We each wore an outfit that we felt was Valentine's date night appropriate, no matter how you're spending the holiday of love.
If you have little Valentines of your own, here are 10 fun & festive ideas:
1. Cozy up on the couch. Bring out the pillows and blankets, or get fancy and make a tent with lights. Eat a heart shaped pizza and watch a classic like A Charlie Brown Valentine.
2. Make heart garland out of construction paper. Your little will love stringing the hearts to hang and decorating a special spot in the house.
3. Do a sensory activity. Have a fun V-Day play dough station, complete with heart cookie cutters and homemade dough.
4. Say "I love you". Around the dinner table, take turns saying five things you love about every family member. Mom can write them down to keep and look back on.
5. Bake up some love. Our favorite V-Day treat is these Cupid's Fudgy Brownies! We also love dipping pink wafer cookies into white chocolate and decorating them with icing and sprinkles.
6. Make cards. Get crafty and create homemade cards to send to grandparents and friends.
7. Feed the animals. Make these cute heart-shaped bird feeders and hang them in the backyard.
8. Send snail mail. Make an at-home mail station all during the month of February to tuck love notes and surprises. Each person can decorate a shoe box or pick up the cute mailboxes in the Target Dollar Spot.
9. Paint the town. Pull out the finger paints and make these adorable footprint hearts.
10. Game night. Nothing's more fun than a family game night, especially with treats thrown in like pink rice krispie treats and chocolate-covered popcorn.
Head over to Uptown with Elly Brown to read about V-Day ideas with the hubby, and don't miss Dress Up Buttercup and her Galentine's cuteness!