1. Gold Cocktail Shaker ($35)- A chic addition to any bar cart.
2. La Chatelaine Shea Butter Hand Cream Tin Gift Set (on sale for $21.50)- These are the best hand creams and they come in such a pretty tin! No need for wrapping here.
3. Droga Chocolate 'Peanut Butter Bots' Bon Bons ($19.95)- Because who doesn't love Bon Bons? This set comes with 9 delectable pieces.
4. true fabrications Vicki Signature Gold Plated Corkscrew ($14.99)- 24k gold plated and sure to impress (also a steal of a deal).
5. Host: A Modern Guide to Eating, Drinking, and Feeding Your Friends Cookbook ($35)- I'm dying to get my hands on this- I love cookbooks and this one is the complete entertainer's guide.
6. Easy, Tiger Nom Nom Appetizer Plate ($12)- A little whimsy for the fun hostess!
7. Snow Sparkle Throw (on sale for $39)- No such thing as too many throw blankets, especially when they're as luxurious and sequin-filled as this one. It's also on sale for $20 off the regular price!
8. Whimsical Shop Gem Speaker (on sale for $30)- Every host needs a good speaker, and this one is cute enough to display right on the table.
9. Mud Pie Spreader Set ($24.95)- Much like throw blankets, one can't have too many spreaders. A hostess with the mostess always has a large cheese spread, so she'll happily accept some (adorable) new spreaders. *personal favorite is "get your fat pants on"
10. Capri Blue 'Gilded Muse Collection Candle ($39)- You can't go wrong with giving a candle, and this pink grapefruit/prosecco smells divine while lending just the right touch of sparkle.
It's the time of year for parties galore, which means you can never have too many hostess gifts on hand. I try and stock up when I see a good sale or find the perfect items like the ones listed above, because nothing is worse than running late to a party and realizing on the way that you have no gift for the host. When someone graciously invites you into their home, plans a thoughtful event, or cooks a delicious meal, they deserve a display of gratitude. No gift is too small as long as it's well thought-out and comes from a place of love. A hand-written thank you note is always a good idea, too (I just bought these).
Bear is so excited, he could hardly fall asleep tonight. Tomorrow is the big Christmas party in his class- he's been talking about celebrating "Jesus' Birthday Party" for weeks now. I love watching him grow and come to know Christ, and I'm so thankful for his teachers who put such an emphasis on the Bible and learning scripture. He also has a Spanish and music class, and I mentioned in my last post that his favorite song right now is Feliz Navidad (except he thinks it's 'police avida'). Every evening this week, he's asked Zach and me to "drive around in circles and look at minions Christmas lights". His music request during these outings? Police avida, of course. Over and over again. When my parents were here last weekend, we drove around the neighborhood and one house had a big blow-up "naughty or nice" slide with minion characters. Bear is obsessed and wants to go by that house every single night. I'm sure by now the owners think we're some kind of crazy stalkers because each night, we drive by not once but about eight times before Bear finally gets his minions fix and we can go home. He's never even seen Despicable Me but for some reason the kid loves those goofy minions. They are pretty cute.
If you missed the post on Monday, there's a giveaway still running for a $500 gift card to Nordstrom! Enter here at the bottom of the post. Thank you for stopping by!