We've all heard of the LBD (Little Black Dress) and it's ability to be a lifetime closet staple. While I'm a big supporter of this, I also can't get enough of the LRD. It's sexy, bright, and even scientifically proven to be linked to a higher probability of winning across a wide range of sports. There's a reason why Tiger Woods always wears red on tournament Sundays. Why didn't I know this when I was playing competitive sports? Thinking about it now, both my high school and university had red as a main color. #winning
Several of my friends have mentioned lately that they own little to no red clothing, and for no particular reason. This scarlet hue is a power color that every woman should own and sport from time to time, and here are five places you can count on the LRD to impress:
1. Weddings. I always find myself wanting to wear white to weddings, because I love a good white dress in the spring and summer (when most wedding we attend seem to take place). However this is often frowned upon, as is wearing black. The dress pictured above is the perfect dress for a wedding attendee; you'll wow the other guests without stealing the bride's thunder (too much).
2. Showers. In Texas, a bridal shower is nothing short of a fashion show. We're talking big hair, even bigger personalities, and dresses galore. Red is considered a symbol of love, so it's an appropriate hue for both baby and wedding showers. Spread the love!
3. Girls Night Out. Whether you're planning a bachelorette party or just headed out for Friday night dinner with the girls, slipping on a LRD will boost your energy and make you feel like a million bucks. Your friends will likely sport the classic LBD, so you'll be the eye-catcher of the group.
4. Church. I realize that church-appropriate clothing has changed a lot over the past few decades, but I still love wearing a dress to church. This one would require a cardigan over it for modesty, and also because churches tend to be chilly places (pun not intended...I love Jesus).
5. Date night. They could've put Julia Roberts in any dress for that night out in Pretty Woman, but they chose that memorable full length red gown. That's because red is a stand-out color that signifies power and confidence; it's a great first date color!
We're in the middle of a busy Sunday, followed by really busy week. We're excited for lots of birthday parties, celebrations, and a trip to the beach! Later this week I'll show you another look from Chloe & Kay; I can't get enough of their cute clothes! This romper is probably my favorite item on the site, although I'm also obsessed with this shoe. Give me all the tassels and fringe, please.
Cheers to a new week!
*this post is sponsored by Chloe & Kay but all opinions are my own