I will be the first to tell you that I'm no expert when it comes to beauty products (or anything for that matter). I'm actually very, very uneducated on all things makeup. When I walk into Sephora, I feel incredibly lost and somewhat like a child being dropped off on their first day of kindergarten. Mommy please don't leave me. I only recently learned what primer is and the trick of adding saline solution to mascara to make it last longer. I'm telling y'all, kindergartener.
Since I started blogging, I have made an effort to try and improve my makeup knowledge somewhat. I get asked a lot of questions about beauty products and I'm always embarrassed to respond with "I have no clue", which is almost always what I'm thinking. In an attempt to learn, I've read up on tons of Pinterest posts about the best drugstore makeup that compares to more expensive brands. I've tried a ton of products over the past year and I want to share my favorite affordable finds with you!
1. NYX High Voltage Lipstick, $2.99 -You can't beat these bright, gorgeous shades of lipstick for the price. The colors are highly pigmented and last 5+ hours before you need to reapply.
2. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, $8.99 -This brush is amazing for applying both cream or liquid foundation. Foundation goes on so smoothly and evenly, and the brush is really easy to clean.
3. Maybelline The Blushed Nudes palette, $9.99 -This is the best dupe out there for the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. The colors aren't quite as pigmented, so you need to apply several layers, but the overall effect is beautiful.
4. Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin-Clarifying Mask, $6.99 -This mask smells so divine, I could use it multiple times a day. You can literally feel it drawing the impurities out of your skin, yet it's very gentle and not at all greasy. If you struggle with stubborn blackheads, you've gotta get this stuff. It's such a refreshing way to unclog pores and much cheaper than a facial.
5. e.l.f. Shimmering Facial Whip, $1 -I linked to Walmart because I couldn't find this whip on the Target website, but you can find it at almost any drugstore for $1. This could be my favorite product on this list. It's like a blush and highlighter in one; I prefer to use it in the summer because it gives your skin such a gorgeous glow.
6. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, $6.99 -I am obsessed with this sponge. There are more expensive versions but this one does the job just as well for a fraction of the price. If you don't like the feel of foundation brushes, definitely try this product.
7. Quenching Coconut Curls Curling Butter, $7.99 -I use this butter as a leave in conditioner and apply a spoonful to my hair just after every shower. It helps reduce frizz and hold curls through the crazy Houston humidity.
8. Ardell Demi Wispies Natural Multipack, $9.99 -Hands down the best falsies for the price. They do tend to be a little long (width wise) for most eyes, so be sure to measure and trim before applying.
9. L'Oreal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Txt it Toussle Wave Spray, $4.49 -I love this hairspray and the way it feels on my hair. I have naturally wavy hair so it doesn't really create waves, but more just set and hold the ones you naturally have (or create with a wand).
10. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herb and Rosewater, $7 -This is one of my very favorite all-time products. I use it to set my makeup in the morning and midday to keep my skin hydrated. It leaves your skin feeling so refreshed and rejuvenated.
11. Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream, $9.79 -I love the color I get from this cream without having to expose my skin to the sun; it's such a great moisturizer. I get the medium-deep and it's perfect for my skin tone.
What are some of your favorite beauty products? Do share!