When it comes to the land of beauty products, trying to narrow down what actually works can be overwhelming to say the least. Stepping into Sephora often feels like a whole new world- the uncharted, somewhat intimidating waters can be difficult to navigate for even the most seasoned of makeup-lovers. In reality, shopping for new beauty products should be fun and stress-free!
As a fashion & lifestyle blogger, I’m always on the hunt for the newest and best products. I also am constantly having my makeup professionally done or doing it myself; I’ve had to learn a lot of tips and tricks from the pros because I am no expert. I get sent a lot of beauty products from companies so I'm lucky enough to try a ton and find what really works. I love keeping my beauty routine minimal because I’m also (and most importantly!) a mom, which means getting ready time is few and far between.
After much trial and error, I’ve found the five beauty products I cannot live without. And chances are if you try them, you’ll fall in love, too! This is not a sponsored post in any way- these are truly just the tried & true products that I wear all the time!
1. Make Up Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation- For everyday wear, this foundation is light yet has amazing coverage. It also stays on all day, especially when paired with the Make Up Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer. A good primer is also key!
2. NYX Bright Idea Illuminating Stick- Run this down the brim of your nose and along your cheekbones for the prettiest glow. You’ll look like a goddess who’s been soaking up the sun all day (but without the damaging UV effects!).
3. Dior Star Concealer- I couldn’t live without this concealer, no joke. It’s a bit of a splurge at $36 a pop but worth every penny- say goodbye to even the darkest of under-eye circles forever!
4. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Oil Free Photo Edition Foundation- This is, hands down, my all-time favorite foundation. It has maximum coverage and gives an airbrushed effect, so I use it primarily for photoshoots or when I really want to get all glammed up.
5. NYX Sculpt and Highlight Face Duo- For the girl who loves to contour, this one’s for you. Use it along the top of your forehead, cheekbones, each side of your nose, and jawline to create subtle definition and enhance that naturally gorgeous face you’ve got goin’ on.
What are some of your makeup must-haves? I’d love to hear in the comments!
We are running on serious fumes over here- the last few days have been insane! We spent the entire day at the rodeo yesterday which involved eating all the fried food, riding a camel (yes, you read that correctly), and walking the mile and half to our car in pouring down rain at midnight. It was one for the books, for sure! Bear was such a trooper and had the best time- he was already asking to go back to the rodeo again today. Zach and I just looked at each other wide-eyed and told him in unison, "We'll be back next year, buddy". It will take us a full year to recoup from yesterday!
Hope you're having the best weekend!