With spring break quickly approaching, now is the perfect time to stock up on all things bright and colorful! I thought tassels and pom pom had their moment last year and would be a thing of the past, but I couldn't have been more wrong. They're back in full force again for spring and summer, and even bigger and better than ever. I'm especially loving tassels and poms paired with classic black for a chic contrast that really makes a statement.
I'm even MORE excited than ever for spring break because next week, I'm headed with one of my girlfriends to Puerto Vallarta! We're so excited and ready for the beach, sunshine, and tacos. Especially tacos. I'll be sure and take a lot of pictures to recap for the blog- I've never been to that part of Mexico so if you have, I'd love to hear your advice/recommendations! I've had (probably way too much) fun putting together outfits for all the activities we don't have planned yet. :)
1. Mar y Sol 'Ibiza' Woven Tote with Tassel Charms- A bit of a splurge, but totally worth it for a beach bag this adorable that you'll carry all summer long. Also comes in navy!
2. BaubleBar Merengue Drop Earrings- Such a fun touch to any outfit! Statement earrings are huge right now (literally) and BaubleBar has the best selection.
3. Black Off the Shoulder Swimsuit- A fun and flirty suit that's modest and flattering on all body types. I will be ordering!
4. Surf Gypsy Crochet Cover-Up Tunic- Perfect for the beach or afternoon by the pool. Also comes in black!
5. Soludos Lace-Up Espadrille Sandals- These are in my cart currently and I'm SO excited to wear them! I love love love stripes, especially for spring, and can't wait to pair these with both denim shorts and floral print dresses.
6. Thin Brow Angular Aviator Sunglasses- Only $12 and a great dupe for a similar designer pair. Love the rose gold/pink combo!
7. Seaglass Bib Necklace- I recently ordered this necklace after having my eye on it for months, so expect to see a lot of it in the near future! It comes in five gorgeous colors but I went with turquoise for versatility.
8. Scallop-hem Denim Shorts- I've seen lots of scallop-hem shorts, but never in denim fabric. And I think these are the most adorable by far!
9. Pom Pom Floppy Hat- The cutest way to protect your skin from the sun.
10. Ice Cream Sandwich Beach Blanket- For the past several years, foodie pool floats have been all the rage. This year, floats take a backseat to fun, food-inspired beach blankets. And I want every single one of them.
Do you have plans for the middle of March? I feel a bit like a college kid again, being all giddy about spring break. 2017 is going to be a big travel year and I am so excited! I grew up traveling a ton- my parents were both teachers and took us all over the U.S. every summer. I want Bear to experience other places and cultures as much as possible; thankfully Zach enjoys traveling, too, so we have a few plans up our sleeve for this year!
As for now, Bear has t-ball practice in thirty minutes so this mama better hop to it. He has THREE practices AND a game this week- please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that's a little overkill? I mean, I realize this is their first game so the coach wants them to be as prepared as possible, but c'mon...it's t-ball. I definitely don't want to burn Bear out of baseball at four years old, so I'm hoping the practice schedule slows down a bit after this week. It is so much fun watching him play; last week he hit the ball off the tee and when the coach yelled, "Run to first base, Bear!", he ran to the pitcher's mound and stood there. All the parents were just laughing- it's like watching a comedy show at this age. They have no clue what they're doing but it's so cute and funny. I have an all new respect for t-ball team coaches!