I mentioned in the last post that Shelbi and I made it home safe and sound from Puerto Vallarta and I can't begin to describe the fun that we had. Talk about the ultimate girls trip- Miami Vices by the pool, room service on the patio, and staying up till midnight giggling in our jammies. We're already wanting to plan another getaway! The Westin Puerto Vallarta was absolutely amazing and hands down the nicest resort I've ever had the pleasure of staying at. More on that later!
Whether you're packing up for a quick weekend beach trip or jetting off on a fabulous tropical vacay, there are five pieces that have to land their way into your suitcase.
1. A comfortable pair of wedges. Wedges are the ultimate warm weather shoe because they're so versatile- they transition from day to night wear which cuts down on packing (always a plus with that dumb 50 pound limit!). Find a comfortable pair in a neutral color like these and rock them with everything from shorts to maxi dresses.
2. A fun dress. Find a dress that fits you well, can also transition from day to night wear with the change of accessories, and has a special detail like embroidery or tassels (or both!). You'll feel your best wearing something you love, and if it's comfy enough you'll want to wear it more than once! The dress I'm wearing above is from Francesca's and I had to have it when I saw the name- "The Brittany Embroidery Cold Shoulder Dress". :)
3. A neutral tote. I'm obsessed with this GiGi New York tote bag; you can't tell from the pictures but it has my initials monogrammed on it right above the tassels on the front. The color is "almond" and it matches everything, which is perfect for traveling when you don't have room to bring a bunch of handbags. You also never know when you'll pick up souvenirs and want something roomier than a regular-sized bag.
4. Statement earrings. Y'all know how I feel about this- the bigger the better! Statement earrings are on trend right now and the perfect warm-weather accessory with everything from swimsuits to rompers!
5. A bold lipstick color. Step outside your box when it comes to the color of your lips and try some bright, fun hues! I love wearing a rich violet on vacation which is something fun that I wouldn't normally wear at home. Think deep pinks, corals, or anything that makes you feel fun and flirty! Vacation is a great time to try new beauty products and maybe even discover one you can't live without.
Do you have any big spring break plans? Or maybe you already finished them up and are already dreaming of summer vacation? I'd love to hear!