photos by Ban Avenue
I'll be the first to admit that I love a good girls' night. Be it a fancy night out on the town, a last minute chick flick at the theatre, or just a cozy night in with rose & all the cheese, please. And yes, I realize that I'm thirty years old now and I should probably refer to such as a "ladies night", but that term will forever remind me of Kool and The Gang (not that that's a bad thing- I happen to shamelessly love that song). Ladies night, girls' night- whatever it is, I'm forever a fan of getting together with my gal pals for lots of laughs!
When we do choose to go out and get dressed up, it's always a treat for this momma who normally lives in yoga pants and a messy top knot. My very favorite thing to pick out is accessories- I usually plan my outfit around whatever jewelry and bag I'm going to wear. I am absolutely in love with the Nina Nguyen necklace, earrings, and bracelets I'm wearing above, all from Shannon Fine Jewelry right here in Houston! I was shocked to find out that ALL Nina Nguyen jewelry is on sale for half off at Shannon's right now, including the pieces I'm wearing (and lots more). Now is the time to treat yo-self, ladies! I've never seen Nina pieces go on sale for 50% off and the line is so beautiful- these are timeless pieces that will never go out of style. Stop by the Shannon Fine Jewelry 1960 location to see all of the Nina sale pieces and so much more! What I love about Shannon's is that there truly is something for everyone- I can easily shop for my Mom, grandma, Zach, and anyone else I want to spoil there. Michele watches were also recently on sale for half off in the store- they're always running a good sale! When we were in Shannon's last week, Bear randomly goes, "I love this store, Mommy". It totally made me laugh because all he did was sit on a bench on my phone the whole time playing Goat Simulator but hey, I love it too, Bear.
Now for the girls' night ideas! Sometimes it's fun to branch out from the usual gal outings and try something new, so I've rounded up ten great ideas for your next night out!
1. Host a wine tasting party. Everybody brings one bottle of their favorite (cheap) wine and sits around pretending to be a connoisseur. Spice it up with new cheeses for everyone to try, too!
2. Bring in a makeup artist. Find a local makeup artist to give you and your best gals a makeover- or better yet, teach you her ways! You'll all leave feeling more confident in your beauty routine and it's also the perfect excuse to go out after, since you'll all be done up!
3. Plan a DIY night. Scour Pinterest until you find a DIY easy enough for even your not-so-Martha-Stewart friends and have the girls over to conquer that craft. Homemade tile coasters, anyone?
4. Have a sleepover- Throw an old school sleep over, complete with cute jammies, guy gossip, facials, and Gilmore Girls. Nothing says girls' night quite like Lorelai and Rory talking five hundred words a minute.
5. Host 80's Ladies Night. Even though a lot of my friends were born in the 90's, I fully embrace being an 80's baby. Go all out and dress the part, teased hair and blue eyeshadow being mandatory. Meet at a bowling alley or somewhere you can fully embrace the theme.
6. Do Breakfast at Tiffany's. Technically not a "night" out, but equally as fun. Host a brunch inspired by the classic Audrey Hepburn movie, having all your girls wear their favorite black dress and pearls. Even more fun to ask all the guests to wear a hat!
7. Find a random Groupon or Living Social Deal. Both of these sites have options for coupons you can buy and use immediately after. Plan something fun and spontaneous you wouldn't normally do! Some options include paint nights, experimental exercise classes, and food/desert tastings.
8. Go to an escape room. I've never done one of these but Zach has and our moms' group had a MNO at one not too long ago (and LOVED it!). You'll work together to escape and likely share a lot of laughs along the way. Celebrate with dinner and drinks after!
9. Surprise your girls. Get all your girls together for dinner and tell them there will be a surprise after. Once the meal is over, tell them what you have up your sleeve: something like a concert in the park or an art gallery. Just make sure the surprise is free (or let the girls know cost beforehand). Surprises aren't just for birthdays or special occasions!
10. Share your sweet tooth. Sometimes busy moms don't get to indulge in a dinner out very often. Fix dinner for the family and then slip away for dessert with the girls! Pick a spot with great ambience so you can all catch up over cheesecake and chocolate pie.
I hope this gives you some inspiration for your next girls night out! And if you live in Houston, don't forget to stop by Shannon Fine Jewelry to snag some stunning Nina Nguyen pieces on sale!
This post is sponsored by Shannon Fine Jewelry, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.
photos by Ban Avenue