Lately I've been crushing on all things ruffly (is that a word?) and even more so if they come in any shade of pink. This dress is on sale and perfect for a wedding or dressy occasion; the quality is amazing for the price and it fits true to size. I paired it with fifty shades of pink because, well, why not? :)
A few months ago I did a "Friday Five" post where I listed five good reads and promised you guys a new random five things every Friday. Aaaaaaand, true to Brittany fashion, it lasted one week. I completely forgot about the series honestly, as busy as life has been and as feeble minded as I can be. BUT I'm going to try and hop back on the train starting today by sharing five ways to look put together without even trying. We all have those days we don't feel like getting ready but still need to look presentable, whether it's for work or a last minute dinner date. Here are some easy ways to accomplish "effortlessly chic" with items you already have!
1. Wear a bold lip. Even if you don't have time to put any other make up on, make sure you've got some color on those lippies. You'll have "old Hollywood glam" if you go for a rich crimson hue; it's a quick way to look like a classy Parisian babe without having to hassle with a full face of makeup.
2. Put on statement earrings. Y'all know I'm a big proponent of this rule and for good reason! Not only are they trendy, but bold earrings have a way of making any outfit look intentional. Statement earrings are already extravagant, perfect for balancing out a simple outfit. The contrast between your fancy earrings and casual outfit will say "street style icon" rather than "I just woke up".
3. Swap flats for heels. Think "closer to heaven" and swap those sneakers or flats for a stylish pair of pumps. Even boyfriend jeans and a t-shirt can be transformed into appropriate workwear with the right pair of shoes. Elevate your whole look with a great pair of pumps and while your feet may suffer a little, you'll look much more put together.
4. Wear oversized sunglasses. This one may be the most obvious on the list but can't be left off- an oversized pair of sunnies is not only extremely fashionable but also a great way to hide those less-than-designer under-eye bags. Running late for carpool? Skip the eyeliner and throw on some shades instead.
5. Add a blazer. Any outfit can go from boring to on point with the addition of a classic blazer. No matter the fit (boyfriend, tailored, cropped), any style will do as long as it's in a neutral hue like black or cream. This is the quickest way to say "I'm adulating today" and look like a total boss babe.
There you have it! And with 6 minutes to spare before the stroke of midnight. This was almost a Saturday Six :).
Hope you all have an amazing weekend! Bear starts pre-k next week so we are going to soak up our last weekend of summer before school is officially underway. Can't believe it's already that time!