dress | necklace | bag | pumps
photos by Ban Avenue Photography
Happy Friday, friends! Another week has flown by and we are so excited it's Fri-nally the weekend. We have so much to get done yet I'm going to try and rest as much as possible and keep this Baby Boy cooking a little while longer. I think I mentioned in my last post that at my 37 week check-up earlier this week, the doctor said to have my bags packed because the baby could come any day. Or, she said, he could decide to wait until our due date around the 27th. It's just a waiting game at this point but honestly, I'm not rushing it. We are so ready to meet our newest little guy but the doctor would like him to stay in there until at least 39 weeks, so I'm laying low until then. I've cut out my 2-3 mile evening walks, am drinking plenty of water, and putting Zach in charge of projects I'd normally do. Thankful for a handy hubby who can do pretty much anything!
Since I'm almost done with maternity clothes, I'm excited to start shopping for spring! I went to NYFW last September where Spring 2018 collections were debuted and fell in love with a lot of trends for the upcoming season. Listing 5 of my favorites below!
Spring trends I'm loving:
1. Seeing stars. Everywhere you look this spring, you'll be seeing this patriotic shape: on handbags, jewelry, shoes, etc. I especially love these star espadrille sneakers from Anthro, but found a similar dupe for a fraction of the price here (as in $6.50- such a steal!).
2. Fancy pants. The typical "blue jeans" are getting a make-over this season and are anything but boring. Think embellishments in the form of pearls, jewels , and embroidery. I personally love the trend in moderation, like this pair of denim that has minimal pearl embellishment and is just $20.
3. Picnic prints. Gingham had a major moment last year and it looks like the bold pattern is making a comeback for spring & summer 2018. Afraid of looking like you dressed in a picnic tablecloth? Opt for colors other than red and just wear one piece, like a gingham print top or shoes. I love these heels that add the perfect fun pop to any outfit.
4. Go with the glow. When it comes to beauty, think "golden goddess" and channel your inner J.Lo. Highlighter will be your best friend and create the illusion of freshly sunkissed cheeks. This is my favorite highlighter; a little pricey but lasts forever and is worth the splurge.
5. Ruffle your feathers. Ruffles are still every bit as "in" as they were last spring and summer, and the bigger the better. To keep from unflattering silhouettes, opt for a top like this one that has subtle details and ruffles on the sleeve rather than all over.
Time to get a little work done on this fancy Friday evening and then get ready for the busy weekend ahead. And by busy I mean birthday parties, grocery shopping, and household chores #adultlife. Bear and I went to Target today for milk and batteries, left with 7 packages of Valentines candy and a Muppets toy that Bear will tire of by tomorrow (...no batteries or milk). But it's the weekend so we're not letting our failed Target run affect our mood...it's just an excuse for another one :). Hope you all have a great weekend!!
dress | necklace | bag | pumps