dress | bag | shoes | earrings
photos by Ban Avenue Photography
True to fashion (literally), these pictures were taken about 2 months ago and I'm just now getting around to sharing. This dress has been one of my very favorites for summer and the quality is great, but let me warn you in case you plan on ordering: it came all kinds of wrinkled. I put off steaming it until my sweet mama came in town and tackled the job for me because I couldn't bring myself to take on that job (thanks, Mom!). Surprisingly it doesn't really wrinkle with wear but just came that way- wanted to be up front about that because if you're like me, I don't like when clothes arrive to me really wrinkled!
Now onto more important things like ice cream! With summer drawing to a close, we are enjoying the last few days of it by indulging in as much ice cream as possible. While I love trying new flavors, there are a few that I just can't seem to get enough of. Some I've loved for years and others are more recent favorites, but either way these are all available at the grocery store so you can try them, too! And if you've had any on this list, please let me know I'm not alone in my sweet tooth :). I'd also love to hear your favorite flavors so we can try them!
My All Time Favorite Grocery Store Ice Creams:
1. Bluebell Birthday Cake- Run and grab this one while you can because it's only an August rotational flavor that is the BEST! This decadent flavor is vanilla ice cream with pieces of fudgy chocolate cake, a chocolate icing swirl, and bright multi-colored sprinkles. The cake pieces taste more like big chunks of brownie and the chocolate icing is so rich, you will be on a sugar high for sure.
2. Baskin Robbins Jamoca Almond Fudge- I am obsessed with all things coffee flavored and this ice cream has been one of my favorites since I was in high school. Even before I liked coffee, I loved this ice cream! I try to avoid buying pints of this because I will easily eat it all in one sitting (but then again I do that with all ice cream). Baskin Robbins takes rich Jamoca coffee ice cream, adds roasted almonds, and swirl in a thick chocolate fudge ribbon. Out of this world.
3. Ben & Jerry's Bourbon Pecan Pie- Y'all know Ben & Jerry's had to make this list because they have too many delicious flavors not to. My favorite of all has to be the Bourbon Pecan Pie- Buttery Bourbon Ice Cream stuffed with pecans, shortbread cookie pieces & a whiskey caramel swirl. If you love pecan pie you will devour this one!
4. H-E-B Creamy Creations Pumpkin- This is a seasonal flavor that you MUST try this fall! If you like pumpkin pie or pumpkin flavored things, you will be just as addicted to this as I am. It's rich pumpkin ice cream fused with clove, nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger. The ice cream is super creamy with chunks of pie crust throughout- it's like vanilla ice cream and pumpkin pie had a baby together.....best baby ever (sorry, Boonester).
5. Blue Bunny Cherrific Cherry Cheesecake- Cherry cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts so I had to try this ice cream recently and have been a fan ever since...it's creamy vanilla ice cream mixed with rich cherry cheesecake and is healthy since it has fruit, right? ;) The best part is the swirls of buttery graham cracker crust throughout- just.so.good.
*As far as restaurant ice cream, I have some favorites in that department as well. At Freddy's, my go-to is a regular vanilla concrete with coffee syrup & snickers. It has just the right amount of coffee flavor, even if you're not a coffee lover. From September-January, I get the Pumpkin Pie Concrete which is honestly my favorite ice cream on the planet. They take a regular sized concrete & combine it with an entire slice of pumpkin pie. It is seriously heaven in a cup- I eat at least one a week during the holiday months!
At DQ, my all-time fav is the Cappuccino Heath Blizzard, add brownies. Go big or go home, amiright? Currently they have a delicious concoction called the Jurassic Chomp Blizzard, which has swirls of peanut butter, fudge, and is chock-full of peanut butter-filled buckeyes.
When at Sonic (which rolls around quite often), I get a Blue Coconut Cream Slush. The perfect mix of ice cream meets sweet slush- and best of all you can drink it so it's not messy in the car!
Okay now I'm starving and headed to the kitchen for a snack- hoping there is one of these flavors of ice cream in the freezer. And hoping your week is off to a great start!
dress | bag | shoes | earrings