I’ve talked before about some of our newborn & mama “must-haves”, but I wanted to take a slightly different angle and share some items we have loved that you might not normally think to add to your registry. I wanted to wait to do this post when Boone was over a year so I’d get a true feel of items we loved not only with Bear but also with Boone well past the newborn stage. Below are 15 products we’ve used time and time again with descriptions of why we love them. I hope some of you find this helpful!
Graco Bumper Baby Jumper- We didn’t register for one of these with either boys but ordered one later and both of them LOVED their jumper!
2. Car Seat Canopy, Nursing Cover, Shopping Cart Cover, Breastfeeding Scarf- I registered for each of these items separately with Bear and had to shove so many different bulky items in my diaper bag. With Boone, I discovered how handy these multi-use covers are and ended up ordering 2 so I’d have one for back-up while the other was in the wash. I recommend registering for 2 of these in your favorite prints/colors!
3. Fridababy Dermafrida Skinsoother- I didn’t know much about cradle cap prior to having kids but both of my boys had cradle cap their first few months. This skin soother works wonders and even if your baby doesn’t end up having cradle cap, it’s so soothing on their skin.
4. Car Seat Base- No matter which car seat you end up registering for, make sure you register for a second base! You don’t technically need 2 car seats, we only had 1 with both of our boys. But the reason we were able to get away with only having 1 is because ordering an extra base so both of our cars would have one.
5. Portable Diaper Tote- I didn’t register for one of these and ended up buying one a month or so after each boy was born. I learned quickly that sometimes my diaper bag runs out of diapers and it’s always handy to have backups in the car. I’ve also changed more than my fair share of diapers in the back of my car, and it’s helpful to have one of these totes organized and ready to go for on-the-go changes.
6. Halo SleepSack- I don’t know why I didn’t know about these until right after Boone was born, but I remember nursing in the middle of the night a few days after getting home from the hospital and Amazon Priming 4 of these bad boys to our house. My friend Whitney gave us one as a gift and I was kicking myself for not putting them on the registry.
7. Bassinet- I know not everyone wants a bassinet as part of their baby’s sleep routine, but if you think you might use one, this is a great registry addition! It’s just $35, beautiful and gender neutral, and has amazing reviews. Zach and I bought a bassinet before Bear was born and we should've just waited to register for a more affordable option.
8. Hello Bello Laundry Detergent- I’ve been using this detergent for several months on the boys’ clothes and am officially a believer. I love that it’s organic and unscented, so it’s easy on their delicate skin. Laundry detergent might seem like an odd thing to register for but I’m sure someone will be more than happy to pick this up to keep your baby’s clothes fresh and clean.
9. Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather- You might think you’ll just do sink baths or hold your baby in the tub, but at some point you’re going to want a bather. This is the one we used with both boys until they were sitting up on their own and can’t say enough good things. It’s currently on major sale, too!
10. Munchkin Nursery Projector and Sound Machine- We honestly couldn’t live without our sound machines. Both boys have slept with one since birth and they’re a life saver. I also think they’ve helped my boys be able to sleep other places where it’s noisy, because they’re used to sleeping with a sound machine. Another item that’s on sale for under $20!
11. Baby Pacifier Thermometer- This may seem like a silly thing but trust me, this will be your favorite thing in the world when your fussy baby has a fever at 3am. Popping this pacifier thermometer in their mouth is a million times easier than trying to take their temperature any other way.
12. Graco TravelLite Lightweight Umbrella Stroller- Everyone thinks to register for a stroller, usually a stroller/car seat combo- here’s the one we’ve had and loved for both boys. But rarely do I see anyone register for an umbrella stroller, including myself, and it’s something you’re likely going to use more than anything else! Umbrella strollers are so lightweight and convenient, once your baby reaches around 6 months you’ll see exactly what I mean. We made the mistake of opting for a $15 one with Bear the quality just wasn’t there, so we went for this one with Boone and have loved it. Highly recommend adding this to your registry! It’s also currently on sale.
13. Delta Children 3-Drawer Dresser- You may think you can’t register for furtniture, but you definitely can when it’s this affordable! Not only that, but the reviews are amazing on this piece and it would double as the perfect changing table.
14. Portable Indoor Playard- Another item we didn’t know we’d need and have used SO much with both boys. Just trust me on this one, you’re going to need and use this a ton!
15. Baby’s 1st Feeding Set- If you’re like me, it’s easy to get caught up in only what you’ll need the first few months while registering. But the truth is, your baby will be eating solids before you know and will be doing so for much longer than they’re bottle feeding! It helps so much if you’ve already received a few of these feeding items so you don’t have to go buy a ton when your baby turns 6 months old. Boone has and loves this set!
Currently “cooking” frozen dinners (#momoftheyear) for supper because we are headed on a fun family vacay this weekend that I’ll be back to share soon!