I wore this pink tassel dress for dinner one evening in Puerto Vallarta and I felt like salsa dancing the night away in it- the tassels swish back and forth and I couldn't stop twirling around like a crazy person. If you're wondering whether or not Shelbi and I salsa danced in Mexico, the answer would sadly be no. We were given a lot of great recommendations on places to go (like a hot spot called "Madalena") but every evening around 10pm, we were so full from stuffing our faces all day that we just wanted to slip into jammies and hit the hay. "Fiesta, siesta, repeat" was our mantra for the trip, except scratch the fiesta and replace it with "lay by the pool and do nothing all day" and that was us. Basically the best (laziest) trip ever.
Speaking of lazy, Bear and I haven't left the house today and it's been kind of nice. I usually get cabin fever if we don't get out at least once but I have so many emails and work to catch up on that the day has passed surprisingly quickly. Bear is such a little homebody- he loves being at our house and would stay here 24/7 if it were up to him. Anytime we go out to run errands, he'll ask me, "Where we going next, Mommy?". I'll answer and then say, "Where would you like to go, Bear?" to which he responds with "our house" every single time. Deep down I secretly love that he enjoys being home- I want to bottle up his sweetness and keep him this little forever.
Back to the outfit- I've had this clutch for a year now and I have carried it countless times. I love the mix of straw and pom poms and the fun pop of color it adds to an outfit (not that my outfits ever need additional color..). It's actually really roomy and holds quite a bit, and I like that it's a casual clutch and great for day-time use. Perfect for a beachy vacay! Think I need another one...vacay, I mean. :)
After a much needed day of rest yesterday, we are finally feeling rejuvenated from the craziness that was last week. On to lots of t-ball, meetings, and a fun week ahead! Sending big hugs your way!
Spring is upon us and as y'all can tell, I'm just a wee bit excited! There are so many things to love about this glorious season, from the weather to the candy aisle at Target (Easter candy is the BEST). The days are now longer, allowing for more time outside enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. This also means my to-do list is a mile long because I want to do all the things and soak up every minute of this time with my little man. I try to make a bucket list with each new season and put it on the fridge, marking off every item as we see it through. Bear helped me composite a list this afternoon of all the things we hope to do before June 20th (when the heat wave hits)!
1. bake a bunny cake
2. go to the zoo
3. dye and decorate eggs
4. make a trip to the beach (planned for next week!)
5. plant seeds
6. make bird feeders
7. go to the Houston rodeo (happening Friday!)
8. have a backyard picnic
9. try a new snow-cone stand
10. subscribe to a new magazine
11. fly a kite
12. make sun tea
13. go to the farmers market
14. have a scavenger hunt
15. take a trip to the library
16. go on a nature walk
17. have a bonfire with s'mores
18. attend at least 3 Easter egg hunts
19. visit a fire station
20. do major spring cleaning
21. buy and use sidewalk chalk
22. go fishing
23. make flower pot bread
24. see a concert (also happening Friday!)
25. go to the strawberry farm and pick fresh berries
Bear and I had a little friend over this morning- my sweet friend Michelle's little boy, Jacob. He's ten months old and just the cutest little thing- he may or may not have totally given me baby fever. Bear was so loving with him too, it made my mama heart happy to see Bear being so gentle and giving with the baby. I don't babysit often but when I do, you can bet that baby is gonna be held pretty much the entire time. And fed a lot of Cheerio's.
Happy Hump Day, friends!
I mentioned in the last post that Shelbi and I made it home safe and sound from Puerto Vallarta and I can't begin to describe the fun that we had. Talk about the ultimate girls trip- Miami Vices by the pool, room service on the patio, and staying up till midnight giggling in our jammies. We're already wanting to plan another getaway! The Westin Puerto Vallarta was absolutely amazing and hands down the nicest resort I've ever had the pleasure of staying at. More on that later!
Whether you're packing up for a quick weekend beach trip or jetting off on a fabulous tropical vacay, there are five pieces that have to land their way into your suitcase.
1. A comfortable pair of wedges. Wedges are the ultimate warm weather shoe because they're so versatile- they transition from day to night wear which cuts down on packing (always a plus with that dumb 50 pound limit!). Find a comfortable pair in a neutral color like these and rock them with everything from shorts to maxi dresses.
2. A fun dress. Find a dress that fits you well, can also transition from day to night wear with the change of accessories, and has a special detail like embroidery or tassels (or both!). You'll feel your best wearing something you love, and if it's comfy enough you'll want to wear it more than once! The dress I'm wearing above is from Francesca's and I had to have it when I saw the name- "The Brittany Embroidery Cold Shoulder Dress". :)
3. A neutral tote. I'm obsessed with this GiGi New York tote bag; you can't tell from the pictures but it has my initials monogrammed on it right above the tassels on the front. The color is "almond" and it matches everything, which is perfect for traveling when you don't have room to bring a bunch of handbags. You also never know when you'll pick up souvenirs and want something roomier than a regular-sized bag.
4. Statement earrings. Y'all know how I feel about this- the bigger the better! Statement earrings are on trend right now and the perfect warm-weather accessory with everything from swimsuits to rompers!
5. A bold lipstick color. Step outside your box when it comes to the color of your lips and try some bright, fun hues! I love wearing a rich violet on vacation which is something fun that I wouldn't normally wear at home. Think deep pinks, corals, or anything that makes you feel fun and flirty! Vacation is a great time to try new beauty products and maybe even discover one you can't live without.
Do you have any big spring break plans? Or maybe you already finished them up and are already dreaming of summer vacation? I'd love to hear!